WordPress is the world’s most popular content management system and one of the most widely used platforms for building websites. Today, WordPress powers more than 43% of all websites in the UK. In this blog post, we’ll take a look at how WordPress became the best website builder.
Benefits of choosing WordPress as a Website Builder
There are many reasons why you might want to choose WordPress as your website builder.
- WordPress is a popular and well-known platform, and it offers a wide range of features that are perfect for creating a website.
- It is easy to use, and it has a bunch of plugins that allow you to customise your website easily.
- WordPress also has a robust Codex system that allows you to manage your content easily.
- It allows you to create custom pages, posts, and categories easily, and you can export your content to various formats.
- It also has a high level of security, and it’s easy to deploy your website.
- It also has a great community, which is full of helpful people who can help you get started.
- WordPress is free and easy to use, so it’s perfect for beginner website builders.
- WordPress is a preferred platform to build any website due to its SEO benefits.
Overall, WordPress is a great platform for creating a website, and it offers many benefits that are perfect for your business.
WordPress CMS Features
There are different types of wordpress website out there, with different features. WordPress 4.6 was released in December 2015.
WordPress 4.6 comes with lots of new features. Out of those 4.6 comes with lots of new features. Out of those 6 new big features 3 are focusing mainly on users.
Enhanced Media Management – It is now easier for editors to search through and insert media in posts. Editors can now organize media into categories.
Improved Editing Interface – WordPress 4.6 comes with its very own editing interface. With this new interface, editors are now able to switch between visual and text mode.
Translation Improvements – WordPress 3.9 introduced translation features. WordPress 4.6 has enhanced the translation features.
Easier Linking – WordPress 4.6 comes with an easier method of linking. It is now easier to create links in different posts.
Improved Post and Page Editing – It is now easy to make changes to the post and page. WordPress 4.6 comes with its own post and page editor.
Recommendations on how to build an effective WordPress website
Before building a website, you need to have a WordPress website hosting account. Then, you can start building your website. Your website needs the following.
1. A domain name :- This is your website’s address. For example, the domain www.example.com. This should be considered first. You can host a website without a domain, but a domain is essential.
2. A content manager :- Software that allows you to manage the content of your website. Typically, this would be a content management or CMS (which is WordPress).
3. A theme :- A theme allows you to customise the look and feel of your website. There are thousands of themes available, each with different layouts, color schemes, and style options.
4. Essential plugins :- These plugins add functionality to your website. For example, a security plugin adds lots of additional security features to a website, such as login protection.
5. Multimedia :- Multimedia such as videos and images give your website more visual appeal.
Frequently Asked Questions by Users
Yes. Most of the famous websites are built using WordPress as mentioned above, Thus heavy traffic can be managed, But make sure you have the best web hosting plan.
Yes, WordPress (WooCommerce) is a great platform for eCommerce website, as it is very easy to set up and customisation. However, to create a fully functional online store, you will need to hire a WordPress development agency or a WordPress developer.
Yes, WordPress runs on Windows Server. You can download and install WordPress on Windows Server Editions (2008, 2008R2, 2012, Server Core 2012, and Datacenter 2012).
Yes, WordPress is a reliable CMS for small to medium scale business website owners. Earlier, WordPress considered as a blogging tool, but It’s very popular for static and eCommerce websites.
Wrapping It up,
WordPress is becoming the most popular content management system these days. It is used by online ecommerce businesses, professionals, bloggers, and anyone seeking to create their own website.